Dr. David Madoff, MD, PhD, is a highly regarded endocrine expert witness. Having been retained as an endocrine expert witness over 120 times since 2005 for both plaintiff and defense, Dr. Madoff is qualified to consult on cases involving diabetes, diabetic foot ulcers, hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroid cancer, pituitary disorders, adrenal disease, steroid withdrawal, steroid excess, hypercalcemia, hypocalcemia, calcium metabolism, lipid disorders, hypertension, and osteoporosis. In such cases, he can offer chart review, deposition, court testimony, and independent medical examination.
Dr. Madoff has been a practicing endocrinologist since 1989. As an experienced lecturer and medical educator, Dr. Madoff has given over 100 presentations in North America and overseas for physicians, interns and residents, fellows, allied health professionals, and the lay public. Dr. Madoff served as chief of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, and physician advisor to the Total Parenteral Nutrition team at The Good Samaritan Hospital of Maryland from 1989 until 2006. He served as chairman of the Professional Affairs Committee of The American Diabetes Association, Maryland Affiliate, 1993-1994.
Dr. Madoff is experienced as an endocrine expert witness in the following areas:
- Medical malpractice
- Pharmaceutical product liability
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Work related injuries
- Mold exposure and endocrine disorders
- Employee/employer disputes
- Prison Healthcare
- Deportation issues
- Nursing Home medical care
- First M.D., Ph.D. graduate from UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 1983
- Internship and residency, Internal Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 1983 until 1986
- Fellowship, Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 1986 until 1989